Monday, February 23, 2009

Going Green


I saw this recipe on the Vita-Mix website and knew I had to try it. It has all of my favorite things in it! I've made it a few times already and not only is it delicious, but it is quite filling. It's also packed with antioxidants and if you are having any digestive issues at all, this is great for that.

a few ice cubes
1/2 cup water
handful of spinach
a few pineapple chunks
1/2 apple with skins on
handful red seedless grapes
1/2 banana
1/2 an orange (peeled)
1/2 a peach (I peel this)

I put the ingredients in the order listed. I've also added kiwi and strawberries in replace of some I might not have had above. A good blender should be able to mix just as well, just make sure it mixes for a few minutes to make sure all the big chunks are gone.

1 comment:

Amberlynn said...

Yummy. I can't wait to try it. Thanks Mel!