Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Favorite Lunch . . . for now


I think I said it before but I am in love with Sunflower Market! The produce is fresh and cheap and did you notice it is January? Oh and did I mention how cheap it is? So I went there a few weeks ago--I need to schedule a time to go since I live no where near one--and filled my cart with produce. Hint: Go on a Wednesday as they will honor both the outgoing ad and the new weekly ad! My favorite lunch right now is this little concoction that I guess I could call:

Ham and Veggie Stir-Fry

(Vary the amounts depending on how many you are cooking for)
Zucchini
Yellow Squash
Onion
Carrots
Ham (I got a few sliced steaks of fresh ham at Costco--thick and yummy and has lasted me a few weeks, and that is even feeding my family with it!)
Sauce of your choice (I have been using a Thai sauce from Costco but if you don't like spicy, go for a stir-fry sauce or just S&P)
Salt and Pepper (or Mrs. Dash)
A few garlic cloves--because it is oh, so good for you!

Chop it all up and throw it in a skillet with a few teaspoons of olive oil and let it cook for about 5-10 minutes, until the vegetables are soft, but not soggy. You don't want to cook too many nutrients out of them. I have had it alone or on a bed of whole wheat noodles if I need the extra carb added. Either way you will be full and it is so, so yummy. Enjoy a taste of summer in January!

2 comments:

David and Jana said...

Yum, yum!

Adam and Jana said...

Thanks for posting! It was so yummy and now I will remember to put it on my grocery list!