Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sweet Potato Fries

There's a local restaurant here that makes some great sweet potato fries and more than once I have been tempted to go pick some up to add to our dinner for a side dish. I thought surely these aren't hard to make, so I tried it one night and BOOM they were a hit! In fact, my hubby even thought this recipe was better than the restaurant. I got the recipe from Country Living magazine. Super easy, super cheap and super yummy! Oh, and did I mention good-for-you too?

Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries

1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
1/4 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper (or less if you have children like me who can't stand the heat!)
1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
2 large (about 1 1/2 pounds) sweet potatoes

Directions

1.In a small bowl, combine cumin, salt, and pepper. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Peel potatoes, cut each in half lengthwise, and cut each half into 6 wedges. In a large bowl, combine the cut potatoes, oil, and spice mixture. Toss until potatoes are evenly coated.
2. On a baking sheet, arrange potatoes in a single layer and place on the middle shelf of the oven. Bake until edges are crisp and potatoes are cooked through -- about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.

No comments: