Tuesday, March 23, 2010

To DIE for Carrot Cake

My son recently celebrated his 5th birthday and when asked what type of cake he wanted, he knew he wanted a Lego cake. The flavor: Carrot. So, yipee, I got to make my all-time favorite cake ever (he must take after me!). I got this recipe in college years ago from a friend, but have made some minor adjustments. Let me know if you try and like!

Oober-Moist Carrot Cake

2 c. sugar
4 eggs
2 c. applesauce
3 c. grated carrots
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
2 c. flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. nuts (I never put these in)

Directions: Mix first 4 ingredients together well. Then add dry ingredients. Bake at 325 degrees for 45-60 minutes (depending on altitude) or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool completely, then spread with frosting (see below).

Frosting:
6 oz. cream cheese
2-3 cups powdered sugar (I eyeball this)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. butter
chopped pecans or coconut optional

No comments: